Saturday, July 23, 2011

There will always be wars

when I told someone I am thinking about joining the military, he told me “dont join becuase of the war”. And inside my head I've been thinking about this over and over. And to be honest, because I'm dull, I just keep thinking the same thing over and over. “what war?” Which war are we talking about? There will always be a war. Everyday there is a war. A war inside of us. Between who we are, and who we should be. War between two people because one person can not let go of a mistake or a grudge. War that divides a country in half because some people want this, and others want that. War between countries because a country wants to try to help everyone at once. There will always be war. War has always been in this world since its beginning. These days we are a people born in war, out of war, from war. Maybe that is why the world is what it is like today. We are a people of war. But somehow maybe if I go off to battle and risk my life for my country and what I believe in, maybe I can gain respect. Maybe I can gain honor and have people be proud of me. I mean it is not like I have much to lose. Its not like anyone will miss me either. Everything recently has been slipping away from me. I dont have much. I have more musical instruments than friends I can just sit and talk to. I have nothing to lose. Maybe the military may shape my life for the better; it may shape it for the worse. But the way things are looking now, this is the only option I see. Maybe if I die in “war”, I can die with honor and some pride. Maybe, just maybe…

1 comment:

  1. This is good, mike. And you're right, there will always be wars, at least until Jesus comes back...

    ReplyDelete