Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Something new

So i decided to do something new and somewhat creative for once. Well i know at one point Jon Foreman was writing a song a day just to do it (sorta). So im not doing that. Im writing a poem a day until a certain time, then i think im going to start doing the song a day. Just to get the creative juices pumping before i go to college, and i have been lacking on the songs too.

So heres day 2 of this. I label them/name them by the day i wrote them. So this one is called "6/16/10"

"Remember that death is not the end
But only a transition" *
Oh how this is true in our lives
But how worried would I be if I knew
That this terrible thing had happened
to you oh I would tear
so much I wouldnt know what to
think about all the things
we conversed and listened to each other
about even though the seperation between us
grows at times I will still be afraid
to lose a great friend and someone to
care for you are a bright star
a star in the sky of a better place
in a place where people sing and rejoice


* Lyrics from "Fatal Tragedy" by Dream Theater

Peace 'n' love
Mike

1 comment: