Sunday, June 13, 2010

The City

Here is a poem i wrote while looking out at New York City, New Jersey, The Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island. It is called "the City"

Oh beautiful city
How I love thee
But, in time I will not know
If your windy brother will take over my love
For I will be closer to him
Rather than you, one day
Your lights are enticing
As much as his trains
And different style of life

For both of you still come from the same woman
That Lady Liberty I always see in the distance
To remind me of my home
(or lack there of but i dont know)
That i am proud
To be where i am
To understand so much
And to know so little about you
For my banner will always be the one
The one for which the colors are branded on me
For beauty will always be yours

Peace 'n' love
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment