Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reflections on the dawn

I wrote this about 3 weeks ago. Hope you like it.

The break of dawn, I find it interesting. You start to see the glimmer of the sun's rays start to come out and breech the darkness. The Clouds are still dark and the stars can still be seen but for how long? It's also pretty nice to drive early in the morning. No one is on the road, no hectic traffic or annoying drivers. You start to feel at peace with yourself because it's you, your car, and the road. The road will always be there.

You wake up early, turn on the lights, and your eyes begin to hurt. And you can smell the fresh air coming in through your window to start the new day soon. You jump out of bed, get dressed, and then hit the road. The place you travel through every day feels so different all of a sudden, like new life was given to it. New life was given to yourself that morning. We die with the night then we are given new life with the dawn. Maybe I should spend more mornings like this.

The rattle of the keys, the smell of the air, and the rays finally breaking through the sky. I like the dawn. It reminds me of how every day I am given a second chance to live. And I will always be grateful for that. Maybe I should come and visit the dawn more often.

Peace 'n' Love
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment